Getting started with WebGL
- Angel: Chapter 2 and Section 3.1.
- (Optional) Angel: Chapter 1 (especially Sections 1.3-1.5).
- The purpose of this set of exercises is to get started with WebGL. You will setup a WebGL application from scratch, create a canvas and a WebGL context, compile and use simplistic shader programs, setup the needed buffers for drawing, and draw and animate simple shapes.
- A handy WebGL quick reference card can be downloaded here: https://www.khronos.org/files/webgl/webgl-reference-card-1_0.pdf
- You can press F12 or right click and choose “Inspect [element]” in most browsers to show the developer/debug menus which can be quite helpful.